|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 08:20 PM EST||
NAPERVILLE, Ill., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In the spirit of the holiday season, Opal Enterprises, a Naperville roofing company, came up with a merry and meaningful way to give back to their local community. Opal Enterprises initiated its first annual cookie bake on Sunday, December 16th. Twenty-five staff members baked and delivered 62 dozen cookies to Advocate Hospice in Downers Grove and St. Patrick's Residence Nursing and Rehabilitation in Naperville.
The inspiration took off when Corrin Roach, Office Manager of Opal Enterprises, made a few calls to learn about local needs this time of year. "It didn't take long to discover that two organizations desired sweets for the holidays. Our staff grew enthusiastic knowing this was a need we could fill." Tara Opalski, Co-Founder and Marketing Director, realized the impact of a simple, enjoyable way to give back. "We wanted to find a need that would involve our company as a whole, so we could interact with our community while focusing on our team-building skills."
Opal Enterprises, Downers Grove siding contractors, rented 2Foodies Café, a local catering kitchen on Sunday as staff members arrived to volunteer their time mixing up ingredients and rolling out dough. The cookies were delivered to the two non-profit groups by the employees the following day on Monday.
"It is so wonderful to see businesses such as Opal Enterprises coming together to celebrate the spirit of the holidays with our patients and their families who are going through very difficult time," Amy Scheu, Administrator, Advocate Hospice in Downers Grove stated.
About Opal Enterprises: Opal Enterprises (http://www.opalenterprises.net/) is a family-owned and operated remodeling company. They have been installing windows, siding, and roofs for over 10 years. Located in Naperville, they proudly serve the western suburbs of Chicago. Their niche is specific to better serve the homeowner in need of roofing, windows, doors, gutters and house replacement and improvement.
SOURCE Opal Enterprises
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London