|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 07:15 PM EST||
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. birthday observance Annual Commemorative Service, a major event during the King Week celebration, scheduled for Monday, January 21, will feature keynote speaker the Reverend Samuel Rodriguez, President of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC), who King Center CEO, Elder Bernice A. King, called "an electrifying orator" and "one of the most dynamic and inspiring proponents of the social gospel in the spirit of Martin Luther King, Jr."
Reverend Rodriguez's address will mark the first time a Latino leader serves as the keynote speaker for the Commemorative Service, which is the nation's 'flagship' ecumenical religious observance on the MLK holiday (http://www.thekingcenter.org/news/2013-01-king-center-s-2013-mlk-holiday-observance-kicks-50th-anniversary-i-have-dream-speech). Rev. Rodriguez had been asked by the Congressional Inaugural Committee to participate in President Obama's inaugural activities, yet his commitment to this historic keynote address precludes his participation.
Rev. Rodriguez, President of the NHCLC, the nation's largest Christian Hispanic organization, said, "I am honored by the gracious invitation to be the first Latino Keynote speaker. I believe in the dream of Dr. King. I believe there is still work to be done. I celebrate the life and legacy of Dr. King who inspired me and inspired this nation. We stand at the edge of a new civil rights movement in America—a movement committed to righteousness and justice—one that is neither blue or red but the Lamb's Agenda—a movement where our communities will come together reconciling the vertical and horizontal planes of the Christian message via Billy Graham's message of salvation through Christ and the dream of this great leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, and his march for justice."
The 2013 observance of the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., beginning a year-long celebration of the 50th anniversary of Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech. "Remember! Celebrate! Act! King's Dream for Our World," is the theme for the birthday commemoration program, which begins Friday, January 11, 2013 and continues through the MLK holiday on January 21.
ABOUT THE NHCLC
The National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the nation's largest Christian Hispanic organization, is the Hispanic Evangelical Association unifying, serving and representing millions in the Hispanic Born Again Community via 40,118 member churches by reconciling the vertical and horizontal of the Christian message through the 7 Directives of Life, Family, Great Commission, Stewardship, Justice, Education and Youth.
SOURCE National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London