|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 05:47 PM EST||
Werner Enterprises (NASDAQ: WERN), a premier transportation and logistics provider, introduced its Werner News app, a free application now available in the Apple App Store. As a leader in innovative business technology, Werner Enterprises is dedicated to using its resources to provide timely and relevant communications with associates regardless of their geographic location. The application contains news regarding the Company and the trucking industry.
“Our company culture is one that embraces technology. From our paperless log technology to our proprietary TMS and now our Werner News app, each helps to establish our position as a leader in the transportation sector,” stated Werner Enterprises’ President and COO Derek Leathers. “We are creating an environment that allows our drivers, their families and friends to stay connected.”
The application is available to all Apple device users by simply visiting the App Store, searching for Werner Enterprises and selecting "install." Werner Enterprises has launched this application to make information easily accessible not only to drivers and their families, but to office associates and customers as well. It will also be available to Android users in the coming weeks.
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated van, temperature-controlled and flatbed; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; and expedited services. Werner's Value Added Services portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Werner Enterprises, Inc.’s common stock trades on The NASDAQ Global Select MarketSM under the symbol “WERN”. For further information about Werner, visit the Company’s website at www.werner.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks