|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 03:11 PM EST||
Sustainability initiatives filter to all levels of an organization when implementation starts with environmental, health and safety (EHS) regulatory compliance, according to the new whitepaper “The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools” by Dakota Software.
The white paper demonstrates how pressure from consumers, investors and global leaders is propelling the sustainability movement. It also suggests that EHS professionals now have allies in the Corporate Executive suite who understand the importance of sustainable practices and environmental responsibility. In order to satisfy these demands successful companies are managing EHS compliance and sustainability initiatives using appropriate tools.
“It seems that every day now, another article is published trumpeting the importance of sustainability,” noted author Reg Shiverick, President of Dakota Software. “What many EHS Managers and Sustainability Directors struggle with is eliciting buy-in from the key players within their organization. This white paper presents consolidated research supporting sustainability trends and offers guidance to those looking to instill a culture of sustainability.”
The white paper highlights studies from the Carbon Disclosure Project, the Sustainability Leadership Report and surveys from Ernst and Young and PricewaterhouseCoopers. Recommendations are identified from the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) for closing the “implementation gap” of insufficient compliance with environmental requirements. OECD says that if businesses want to accomplish various sustainability objectives, they need to treat compliance as the gateway to success.
About The Author
Reg Shiverick is the President of Dakota Software, an industry leader in EHS compliance and sustainability management software. He has written and made numerous presentations on EHS management and is a recipient of The Auditing Roundtable’s Extraordinary Service Award. He holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from the Amos Tuck School of Dartmouth College and a Bachelor’s Degree in Geology from Bucknell University. For more information on Dakota Software, visit www.dakotasoft.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks