|By Marketwired .||
|January 10, 2013 03:08 PM EST||
CAMBRIDGE, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/13 -- WaterGroup today announced it has made a strategic business decision to centralize and expand its manufacturing, assembly and distribution centers. Canadian operations will remain in Calgary, Alberta and Cambridge, Ontario, with U.S. operations in Fridley, Minnesota and Libertyville, Illinois. This decision will better serve WaterGroup's customers by improving 'just-in-time' delivery throughout Canada and provide additional support for U.S. and International business expansion. As a result, WaterGroup will close its manufacturing plant in Regina, Saskatchewan by September 2013.
"This move is about investment in the company and growth throughout North America and in key International markets, while improving service to our current customers," said Ryan Kirk, VP and General Manager of WaterGroup.
The announcement was made to the employees of the Regina plant as soon as the decision was finalized. WaterGroup will be providing the Regina plant employees with a range of support services, including severance pay for those staying throughout, an employee assistance program and career counseling.
"We would like to thank our Regina plant employees for their dedicated services and continued support. This decision does not in any way reflect the performance, contributions or the commitment of the workforce in Regina. We are confident they will help as we transfer the business to our other operations," added Kirk.
As a result of this move, WaterGroup will be hiring additional staff in the expanding Calgary and Cambridge facilities.
Established in 1968, WaterGroup is a privately held company, which manufactures and distributes a full line of water softeners, filters, reverse osmosis and ultraviolet drinking water systems and pump products under the Hydrotech, Novatek, DURO and Petwa brands. Our products are used by professional water dealers, plumbing wholesalers and plumbers to service residential and commercial customers in Canada and across the U.S.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher