|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 02:00 PM EST||
The Internet Society today announced that nominations for the second annual Internet Hall of Fame will be accepted January 11 through February 18, 2013. The nomination form will be available on the Internet Hall of Fame website, http://www.internethalloffame.org/nominations.
Individuals who have played a significant role in the conceptualization, building, and development of the Internet in any region or country are considered for induction each year into one of the three categories of the Internet Hall of Fame:
- Pioneers: recognizing individuals instrumental in the early design and development of the Internet.
- Innovators: recognizing individuals who made outstanding technological, commercial, regulatory, or policy advances and helped to expand the Internet’s reach.
- Global Connectors: recognizing individuals who have made major contributions to the growth, connectivity, and use of the Internet, either on a global scale or within a specific region or community.
In addition to those who have been more visible, the Internet Hall of Fame seeks nominees who have made crucial, behind-the-scenes contributions. Special consideration may also be given to a candidate's lifelong accomplishments, contributions to more than one area of the Internet, and the overall benefit of his or her contribution to society. The 2013 inductees will be announced and honored at a ceremony held June 26, 2013 in Istanbul, Turkey.
During the inaugural Internet Hall of Fame event in April 2012, 33 individuals were inducted in a ceremony held in conjunction with the Internet Society’s 20th anniversary celebration in Geneva, Switzerland. More information on the inaugural inductees is available here: http://www.internethalloffame.org/inductees.
About the Internet Hall of Fame
The Internet Hall of Fame is an annual awards program that has been established by the Internet Society to publicly recognize a distinguished and select group of leaders and luminaries who have made significant contributions to the development and advancement of the global open Internet. More information can be found at www.internethalloffame.org.
About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is the trusted independent source for Internet information and thought leadership from around the world. With its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society promotes open dialogue on Internet policy, technology, and future development among users, companies, governments, and foundations. Working with its members and Chapters around the world, the Internet Society enables the continued evolution and growth of the Internet for everyone. For more information, see: http://www.internetsociety.org.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks