|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 12:55 PM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/v8t87t/the_market_for) has announced the addition of the "The Market for Services and Devices in the LTE-D and Wearable Wireless Post Smartphone/Tablet Era" report to their offering.
The world of wireless is moving beyond the notion of personal communications meaning only a phone. Smartphones are already so much more than a communications device as they facilitate many non-voice applications, content, and commerce. Global Wireless Research (GWR) research predicts that the Smartphone Era will end once several new technologies are in place commercial, which include ubiquitous 4G/LTE (and faster) data speed, wearable wireless devices, peer-to-peer communication/signaling (via LTE Direct, WiFi Direct and others), and Augmented Reality.
This research analyzes each of these technologies anticipated impact on the wireless business ecosystem and their convergence to transform mobile service usage from smartphones to a future of wearable wireless, personal device/public device convergence, and all of the anticipated new use case scenarios associated with this evolution. These new scenarios include many new services in the areas of public safety, communications, commerce, and content that stretch beyond existing mobile network service paradigms.
Key Report Findings
· The Post Smarphone Era will be replaced with an new Personal Wireless Era characterized by high-speed data, wearable wireless, peer to peer communications, personal device to public device communication, ambient awareness and autonomous service engagement.
· Wearable wireless will transform beyond a single communications device to a hub for carrier communications and bridge to many other devices both on a peer-to-peer and personal-to-public communications basis
· In this new Era, smartphones and tablets will not go away. Instead, they will transform into more pure computing devices and be augmented by a vast array of other devices, both personal/private and public, to provide a much broader personal communications, commerce, content and application experience
Key Topics Covered:
1.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.0 THE DAWN OF THE WEARABLE WIRELESS ERA
3.0 THE IMPACT OF LTE AND LTE-ENABLED DEVICES
4.0 THE COMING OF LTE DIRECT (LTE-D)
5.0 CONVERGENCE OF LTE-D AND WEARABLE WIRELESS
6.0 MARKET PREDICTIONS AND STRATEGY RECOMMENDATIONS
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/v8t87t/the_market_for
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher