|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 11:19 AM EST||
New Onboarding Process Saves Time, Increases Efficiency
HARRISBURG, Pa., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Secretary of Administration Kelly Powell Logan today announced the launch of an online orientation process for newly hired employees that will generate an estimated $433,000 in annual savings and productivity.
The new process, known as onboarding, provides new employees with a standard, online orientation. New hires can read and acknowledge workplace policies, set up direct deposit, enter emergency contact information and enroll in medical benefits – all before they ever set foot in the door for their first day.
"The executive branch hires 2,500 to 4,500 employees annually and devotes, on average, three hours preparing for each new hire," Logan said. "Using technology, we can streamline the process for dozens of agencies and free-up HR staff to focus on strategic functions, such as workforce planning and employee development."
The onboarding system is also used to initiate the creation of employee email accounts, badges and other credentials.
The new onboarding process utilizes E-Verify, a federal system that compares information from an employee's I-9 Form, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
"These innovations will allow new employees to become productive in their new jobs more quickly and reduce the amount of time spent on administrative tasks associated with the hiring process," Logan said.
The new onboarding process is managed by the commonwealth's HR Service Center. Launched in 2010, the center provides common human resources, benefits and payroll services and information to employees of agencies under the governor's jurisdiction. The HR Service Center saves nearly $3 million annually through the reduction of human resources staff and the efficient delivery of standard HR functions.
Media Contact: Dan Egan, 717-772-4237
SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of Administration
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?