|By Marketwired .||
|January 10, 2013 11:16 AM EST||
EDMONTON, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/13 -- Synodon Inc. ("Synodon") (TSX VENTURE:SYD), announces that the Canadian Intellectual Property Office has awarded it a new, broad Patent for its realSens(TM) technology. The apparatus patent covers the implementation of the gas filter correlation radiometer (GFCR) using a novel, bi-prism optical element to create the two measurement paths typical in all GFCRs. The patent is not application specific and covers any potential gas sensing market that realSens(TM) could be deployed into. The patent is similar to the previously issued United States Patent 8,198,589 B2.
realSens(TM) is an advanced gas remote sensing GFCR instrument that is mounted on a helicopter and pointed at the earth's surface below. As the helicopter flies over an area of interest, the data collected by realSens(TM) allows us to identify whether or not a specific gas of interest is present. The novel solution that this Patent protects results in a very small and efficient GFCR optical system as well as significantly decreased measurement noise which in turn translates into the ability to detect smaller amounts of gas.
"We are very pleased to add this important patent to our increasing, worldwide IP portfolio" stated Adrian Banica, Chief Executive Officer of Synodon. "We believe that this portfolio now secures all three aspects of our business, the technology implementation and its application to the pipeline leak detection market as well as a major part of the data analysis method. This patent also allows Synodon to potentially target, in the future, a number of new market opportunities for realSens(TM) either directly or through licensing."
Synodon Inc. (www.synodon.com) is a technology company which has developed an advanced airborne remote gas sensing system called realSens(TM), based on technologies developed under the Canadian Space Program and by Synodon scientists. The company provides a full service gas emissions monitoring and quantification service to a variety of industries, including hydrocarbon (oil and gas), environmental and agricultural, and for a variety of gases including methane, ethane and ammonia.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks