|By Marketwired .||
|January 10, 2013 08:49 AM EST||
SILVER SPRING, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/13 -- Sonatype, the leader in Component Lifecycle Management (CLM), today announced two strategic hires with the appointment of Ryan Berg to Chief Security Officer (CSO) and Deborah Rosen to Chief Operating Officer (COO). The company has experienced rapid growth as organizations around the world seek visibility, control, and risk management in their software supply chains. Mr. Berg and Ms. Rosen will play a key role in helping Sonatype tackle this unique market opportunity by expanding its role in the open source, application security and software development ecosystems.
"Components are the building blocks of modern software development and organizations are increasingly seeking CLM solutions to help manage the risk and increased complexity of this new paradigm," said Wayne Jackson, CEO of Sonatype. "Mr. Berg and Ms. Rosen are software industry veterans and will help to lead our mission of ensuring the integrity of our customers' software supply chains. We are delighted to have them on board."
As CSO, Mr. Berg will be responsible for driving Sonatype's security strategy and working with the software development community to ensure component-based development best practices. An expert in the field of security, risk management and secure application development, Mr. Berg holds multiple patents, is a frequent guest speaker and instructor at industry tradeshows and events, and is a respected author and thought leader. He joins Sonatype from IBM, where he was the cloud security strategy lead and co-founder and chief scientist for Ounce Labs (now IBM AppScan), a leader in the application security field prior to its acquisition by IBM in 2009.
Ms. Rosen brings nearly 30 years of sales, marketing and business development experience to Sonatype from technology companies including webMethods, Computer Associates (CA), and Global360. As COO, Ms. Rosen will be responsible for driving the implementation of corporate strategy, growing the global field organization, building strategic partnerships, and contributing to the overall performance of the company and its employees.
Mr. Berg and Ms. Rosen join an elite management team comprised of Washington D.C.'s most respected and admired leaders. Combining the industry's best technical minds and software development talent with hands-on, operational experience and a track record for turning startups into industry leaders, the Sonatype management team is collectively responsible for more than $4 billion in value creation.
The Sonatype executive leadership team includes:
- CEO Wayne Jackson, former CEO of Sourcefire, founder and CEO of Riverbed Technologies and NEA Entrepreneur in Residence.
- Sonatype Founder and CTO, Jason van Zyl, founder of the Apache Maven project, the Plexus IoC framework and the Apache Velocity project.
- CMO Charles Gold, a 20 year veteran of marketing in high-growth software companies in both proprietary and open-source domains.
- Dave Miller, CFO brings more than 20 years of accounting, financial and strategic planning experience to his role, including a decade with Ernst & Young, LLP as a senior manager.
- Mike Hansen, Senior Vice President of Engineering brings nearly 20 years of experience building and leading global product development organizations ranging from startups to the Fortune 100.
Sonatype just completed its strongest year on record, with more than 300 enterprise clients worldwide. To learn more about career opportunities at Sonatype, go to: http://www.sonatype.com/About-Sonatype/Careers
Sonatype is leading the component revolution. The company's innovative component lifecycle management products enable organizations to realize the promise of agile, component-based software development while avoiding security, quality and licensing risks. Sonatype operates the Central Repository, the industry's primary source for open-source components, housing more than 400,000 components and serving nearly eight billion requests per year from more than 70,000 organizations. The company has been a pioneer in component-based software development since its founding by Jason van Zyl, the creator of the Apache Maven build management system and the Central Repository. Since that time, Sonatype has been a leader in core open-source software development ecosystem projects used by more than nine million developers including Nexus, m2eclipse, and Hudson. Sonatype is privately held with investments from New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Accel Partners, Bay Partners, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners and Morgenthaler Ventures. Visit: www.sonatype.com or follow Sonatype on Twitter @SonatypeCM
Apache, Apache Maven and Maven are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
PR for Sonatype
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher