|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
LONDON, January 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
2013 brings new worries for many across the country waking up to their New Year financial hangover. January sales have been a huge success, however, consumer group Which? have reported that over 46% of the population paid for Christmas on credit and things are only set to get worse in 2013 after many embarked on spending sprees in the January sales, resulting in Christmas debts that will not be paid off by next year.
The gloomy start to the year was anticipated by emotional support organisation Samaritans who in January receive more calls about financial worries than at any other time of the year. Rachel Kirby-Rider, executive director of fundraising at the charity says;
'Often there are things that people haven't addressed, or didn't want to address, before Christmas. They become very relevant when the credit card bills come in' 'A lot of people feel that things should be better in the New Year - and then when they're not, they start to worry'
Not everyone is gloomy however, recent research conducted by IVA.co.uk has found that those in an IVA or other types of debt management plans are more positive about their ability to become debt free than those who are struggling on their own. The survey revealed that participants who are currently on an IVA or have completed one in the past gave very encouraging answers when asked to score their IVA. The survey asked;
- How happy are you with your IVA? The average response was 7/10
- Out of 10, how likely are you to complete your IVA? The average score 9/10
- How well does your IVA providers deal with creditors? The average score was 7/10
- How easy was it to set up your IVA? The average score was 8/10
Founder of IVA.co.uk, Andy Davie explains that this is a common feeling amongst those who are in the midst of, or have completed an IVA;
'People struggling with debt are coping with high levels of stress each day. This has an immense impact on day-to-day life so when this is alleviated through an IVA there is a huge change in general enjoyment of life. I am not at all surprised by the results of the survey; I myself completed an IVA some years ago and so can fully understand the reasons behind these very positive scores. This is a great state of mind to be approaching 2013 with and will most definitely help with achieving the goal of becoming debt-free. Joining supportive forums such asIVA.co.uk where you can share your worries with others who have experienced similar circumstances' can further boost this positive outlook'.
IVA.co.uk was set up by Andy Davie, Credit Today's 'Debt Councillor of the Year', who after struggling with his own debt problems, has gone onto to become debt free and help others through their own debt problems. Andy decided to set up IVA.co.uk after completing his IVA in 2006 and finding that there was nowhere for people in IVAs to go for help and advice. Since, the site has grown to be the biggest online IVA community with thousands of people visiting each day for invaluable help and guidance from experts as well as other forum members. Everyone on the team at iva.co.uk is extremely passionate about helping those in debt, many of them having personal experience of debt, making the iva.co.uk mission; to deliver the best information, support and advice about IVA's and financial issues, a very personal one. The ethos of the business is to go above and beyond the call of duty for their members to ensure that they are given the highest quality care and advice and this is shown by the fantastic feedback that the site and individual team members have received over the years. To find out more please visit http://www.iva.co.uk.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks