|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 02:01 AM EST||
VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) confirmed today that the board of directors of its Korean affiliate Halla Climate Control Corp. (HCC) has approved a definitive agreement to consolidate most of Visteon's automotive climate business into HCC. Approval of the agreement by Visteon's board of directors and entry into the final agreement are expected soon. Visteon also confirmed that the transaction, first outlined in September 2012, is on track to be completed in the first quarter of 2013.
Visteon owns 70 percent of HCC and would have the same ownership level in the combined business. The consolidation would create the second largest global supplier of automotive climate components and systems.
Visteon is a leading global automotive supplier that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative climate, electronics and interior products for vehicle manufacturers. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; the company has facilities in 28 countries and employs approximately 22,000 people. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
SOURCE Visteon Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks