|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 02:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Irish operator eircom has chosen Comptel Fulfillment to expedite the deployment and launch of new services. Comptel’s offering will allow the communications service provider (CSP) to automate and more easily manage the end-to-end process from service order capture to service delivery, enabling it to shorten time-to-market from 6-12 months to just 6-12 weeks.
Leveraging catalog, Comptel Fulfillment will also help eircom reuse service components, be more agile in redefining existing products and conduct accurate, efficient service deployments. This, in turn, will simplify service creation, improve productivity and achieve cost-savings, as well as greatly reduce the likelihood of failed orders, ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and better time-to-revenue.
- With approximately two million customers, eircom is the principal provider of fixed-line and mobile telecommunications services in Ireland. It operates an extensive network in the region in terms of both capacity and geographic reach, and offers a range of advanced voice, data and broadband services to the residential, small business, enterprise and government markets.
- eircom has signed a five-year contract with Comptel and begun to transition to the Next Generation Fulfillment platform. Up against fierce competition, Comptel demonstrated that its high performance technology is capable of propelling service innovation, customer engagement and time-to-revenue.
- Comptel Fulfillment streamlines all service delivery functionality—including comprehensive order workflow and management, service and resource inventory, technical service catalog, and provisioning and activation—into a single platform that can manage converged services in a network-agnostic environment. This approach results in a consolidated service perspective, improved asset management and, ultimately, a lower total-cost-of-ownership (TCO).
- Pre-integrated with Comptel Fulfillment is Comptel Catalog that allows capabilities drawn from multiple service catalogs, repositories or databases to be federated into reusable components for customer-facing services. Its Service-Oriented Architecture allows CSPs to build and adapt marketable products quickly from established service components, bringing new revenues with minimal delay and allowing an agile response to market changes and competitor initiatives.
- “We are sure that we’ve made the right choice in Comptel’s comprehensive fulfillment platform,” said John McIntyre, Group Technology, eircom. “The automation, full order orchestration and integrated catalog will significantly optimise our service deployments and launches, help us keep customers satisfied with richer communications products and maximise our revenue streams.”
- “Time-to-market is an important differentiator for any operator in today’s fast-paced telecommunications market,” said Mr. Mauro Carobene, CMO, Comptel. “With our catalog-driven Comptel Fulfillment product, eircom is well-positioned to streamline service innovation and ensure customer satisfaction to drive profitable business and stay ahead of the competition.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s Customer Engagement solutions including Comptel Fulfillment and Comptel Catalog.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Comptel, eircom, Ireland, Europe, Comptel Fulfillment, Comptel Catalog, fulfillment, catalog, time-to-market, order orchestration, customer engagement
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 280 service providers across 85 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an event – analysis – action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of nearly 700 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?