|By Marketwired .||
|January 10, 2013 12:43 AM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/13 --
Product photos are available at http://bit.ly/10gLUNF
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning people with allergies to peanut not to consume certain Dymatize Nutrition brand Elite Gourmet Cookies & Cream bar described below. The affected product contains peanut which is not declared on the label.
The affected product, Dymatize Nutrition brand Elite Gourmet Cookies & Cream bar, product of USA, is sold in 85 g packages, bearing UPC 7 05016 99301 7 and lot code Best Before MAY 2013 12072A.
This product was sold through internet at sndcanada.com and may have been distributed through retail stores nationally.
There has been one reported reaction associated with the consumption of this product.
Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to peanut.
The CFIA is working with Canadian importers, distributors, and retailers to recall this product from the marketplace.
For more information, consumers and industry can call the CFIA at 1 800 442-2342 / TTY 1 800 465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).
For information on common food allergens, visit the Food Allergens web page at: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fssa/labeti/allerg/allerge.shtml.
For information on all food recalls, visit the CFIA's Food Recall Report at: http://active.inspection.gc.ca/eng/corp/recarapp_dbe.asp.
To find out more about receiving recalls by e-mail, and other food safety facts, visit: www.foodsafety.gc.ca. Food and consumer product recalls are also available at http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca.
CFIA Media Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks