|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 12:01 AM EST||
WEST SUSSEX, England, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars today revealed record sales results for 2012. 3,575 cars were sold globally during the year, which represents the third consecutive record and the best sales result in the company's 108-year history.
The record results were achieved despite a number of challenges in 2012. These included global business uncertainty and political unrest, preparations for the start of production of Phantom Series II and expansion works at the Home of Rolls-Royce in West Sussex to help the company satisfy increasing customer demand for Bespoke personalisation across the model range. Against this backdrop, Rolls‑Royce has successfully retained its position at the very pinnacle of the ultra luxury market, maintaining segment leadership for motor cars selling above Euros 200,000. No other luxury brand sells as many cars in this segment as Rolls-Royce.
- 3,575 cars delivered to customers in 2012, the highest annual sales in the 108-year history of the company and the third consecutive record year.
- Sales growth reported across many regions worldwide.
- Bespoke content at highest-ever levels.
- Expansion into new markets – Rolls-Royce motor cars now sold in more than 40 countries worldwide.
- United States overtakes China to regain number one regional position.
- Rolls-Royce reaffirms position at pinnacle of British luxury goods manufacturing.
Strong sales growth was reported in many regions, with notable results seen in the Middle East (up 26%), Mainland Europe (up 21%), and Asia Pacific (up 18%), The United States and China remained the most significant individual markets for Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. A number of markets reported record sales, including Saudi Arabia (up 63%) and Germany (up 15%).
As part of the company's focus on long-term sustainable growth, there was significant dealer development during the year. Thirty new or refurbished dealerships opened across the world, taking the total to over 100 for the first time in the company's history. Rolls-Royce also expanded into new markets, including Latin America, and sold motor cars in more than 40 countries worldwide.
"My aim at the outset of 2012 was another record. I am delighted to announce our sales for 2012 and to celebrate our 10th anniversary with an historic record result," said Torsten Muller-Otvos, Chief Executive Officer, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. "We had an outstanding year in spite of the challenges we faced, and Rolls-Royce now leads the ultra luxury market by some considerable margin. I applaud the Rolls-Royce workforce for their passion and commitment to this Great British brand and we can look forward to future success."
The company's portfolio includes the pinnacle Phantom family products – Phantom, Phantom Extended Wheelbase, Phantom Drophead Coupe and Phantom Coupe – and the Ghost family – Ghost and Ghost Extended Wheelbase. Demand for all variants was strong. Phantom Series II was unveiled in March at the Geneva Motor Show to worldwide acclaim and production has been increased at the company's Goodwood manufacturing plant to meet customer demand.
2012 also marked another record for the Rolls-Royce Bespoke personalisation programme, a service with Rolls-Royce's legendary hand-craftsmanship and attention to detail at its core. Nearly every Phantom family model (95%), and three out of every four Ghosts (73%), left the Home of Rolls-Royce with some element of Bespoke personalisation. Sales were also enhanced by several exceptional bespoke collections in 2011, including Phantom Coupe Aviator, Art Deco, and Ghost One Thousand and One Nights.
The company celebrates its 10th anniversary at Goodwood in 2013. The first Phantom was presented to its owner at one minute past midnight on January 1, 2003. During the anniversary year, a major new extension to the Goodwood manufacturing plant will be opened to help the company meet increasing global demand for highly personalised Ghost and Phantom models.
For more information, visit the Rolls-Royce Motor Cars media website, http://www.press.rolls-roycemotorcars.com.
SOURCE Rolls-Royce Motor Cars
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks