|By PR Newswire||
|January 9, 2013 07:29 PM EST||
The firm will now have a total of 20 lawyers resident in these three offices, placing it among AmLaw's Top 50 U.S. firms with a presence in Asia. The move strengthens the firm's ability to provide corporate, dispute resolution, investigations, and regulatory capabilities for clients from the Americas and Europe seeking to do business in Asia and for clients in Asia seeking to do business in the rest of the world.
"Our Shanghai office enhances our practices in life sciences and technology transactions, FCPA, capital markets, M&A and securities in China and places those capabilities in the heart of one of Asia's most dynamic business centers," said Timothy Hester, chair of the firm's management committee.
Ms. Wang practices corporate and securities law. Fluent in Mandarin, she has extensive private practice experience in China and also previously served as general counsel and vice president of legal affairs at Spreadtrum Communications, a leading NASDAQ-listed Chinese semiconductor company focused on the wireless communications market.
Ms. Li's practice covers a wide range of technology transactions and IP-related advice. A native Mandarin speaker, she has significant experience representing multinational and Chinese companies in structuring and negotiating cross-border IP and technology-related transactions. Ms. Li has represented numerous companies in the life sciences sector, focusing on licensing, strategic alliances and joint venture arrangements. She further strengthens the firm's life sciences platform in Asia.
Covington has been recognized as a leading firm by Chambers Asia Pacific and Legal 500 Asia Pacific. Chambers recently named the firm as a finalist for its 2013 China Awards for Excellence in the International Trade category. The firm has also been named by Corporate Board Member as one of the top 25 firms in the corporate arena. In addition, Chambers Global placed the firm in its top band for life sciences last year and PLC has ranked the firm as a leading life sciences law firm for each of the past nine years.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher