|By Business Wire||
|January 9, 2013 07:00 PM EST||
CDNetworks’ new mobile CDN technology has been adopted by KDDI, the 2nd largest mobile network operator in Japan. CDNetworks mobile CDN technology has been integrated in the core of KDDI au 4G LTE and 3G network after series of quality tests since December last year.
CDNetworks mobile CDN technology enables Mobile Network Operators (MNO) to achieve up to 30% faster mobile content delivery as well as up to 20% reduction in mobile data traffic.1
CDNetworks’ mobile CDN technology significantly reduces mobile data traffic which is growing exponentially by the diffusion of smartphone. At the same time, mobile CDN enhances mobile user experience with Radio Access Network (RAN) acceleration; these benefits are realized by the following technologies:
1) Text compression which reduces mobile data traffic without changing content
2) Video pacing which reduces excessive progressive video downloading
3) TCP acceleration which is delicately tuned to fit the mobile operator’s network environment
Mobile Network Operators can enjoy huge CAPEX reduction as well as enhancement of user satisfaction through utilization of CDNetworks’ mobile CDN technology. “KDDI is very excited to implement CDNetworks’ mobile CDN technology. This will serve as a key technology for handling mobile traffic increase,” said Yoshiharu Shimatani, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Technology Sector, KDDI Corporation.
CDNetworks continues to offer advanced content delivery solutions suitable for both mobile and fixed network environments through collaboration with the world’s telecommunications carriers and MNOs in order to increase end-user satisfaction.
CDNetworks enables Global Cloud Acceleration. Our mission is to transform the Internet into a secure, reliable, scaleable and high performing Application Delivery Network. CDNetworks’ unique position as the only multinational CDN with expertise and infrastructure in China, Russia and other emerging markets, enables us to be trusted partners in local markets, while serving as foremost experts on extending into global markets. Accelerating more than 17,500 global websites and cloud services over our 140 PoPs, CDNetworks serves our e-business customers across industries like finance, travel, eCommerce, learning management, high tech, manufacturing and media. CDNetworks has been serving our enterprise customers for more than 13 years, and has offices in the U.S., Korea, China, Japan, and the UK. For more information, please visit: http://www.cdnetworks.com.
1 Comparison of data traffic load and data transmission speed among and between local host server delivery and mobile CDN cache server delivery.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London