|By Marketwired .||
|January 9, 2013 05:41 PM EST||
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL--(Marketwire - January 09, 2013) - An honest man didn't think twice about doing the right thing, and now his good deed is being rewarded. Patrick Morgan, of Patrick's Cleaning Service, works for Sunshine Cleaning Systems Inc. at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport. While at work last month, Morgan came across an iPad that had been left behind at a bar in one of the terminals. But that wasn't the most valuable thing he found; tucked inside that iPad was $13,000 in cash! "I opened it first, and I saw all the money, and I quickly closed it back up," said Morgan.
Then, without thinking twice, Morgan immediately called airport administration and turned the iPad and money into the Broward Sheriff's Office substation. A few minutes later, the owner, who is believed to have just returned from Las Vegas, came running back into the airport looking for his belongings. "He was in a panic and I told him, 'Don't worry, it's OK. We have your stuff,'" said Morgan.
"Patrick is such an outstanding and honest person. What he did speaks volumes about his personality. We are so happy to have someone working with us who is setting such a great example," said Larry Calufetti, President of Sunshine Cleaning Systems.
As a reward, the man who the iPad and money belonged to gave Patrick $60. And in true character, Patrick gave part of the money to a homeless woman at the airport and the rest to a cleaning employee who he knew had been struggling financially.
Patrick never expected to be recognized for doing the right thing, but he was. On Wednesday, the Broward County Aviation Department presented Patrick with a gift and plaque to thank him for his honesty. Sunshine Cleaning Systems also presented him with a check equal to one week's paid vacation. As he stood in front of a room packed with his colleagues, airport officials, his bosses, and news reporters, Patrick was brought to tears. "It's just a good feeling to know that I returned it and that's the bottom line. I wasn't looking for anything," he said.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?