|By PR Newswire||
|January 9, 2013 05:36 PM EST||
DALLAS, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association (SWAPA) is pleased to offer congratulations to Michael Huerta on his recent confirmation as Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
SWAPA has enjoyed a productive relationship with Administrator Huerta since he began his term as Acting Administrator in 2011. The Association looks forward to continuing work to improve the airline industry, and plans already are taking shape within the FAA to modernize the aviation system, improve safety and security, make air travel more efficient and create a more enjoyable flying experience for pilots and for passengers.
"The Senate's confirmation of Administrator Huerta's new role confirms a commitment to progress in the U.S. airline industry," SWAPA President, Capt. Mark Richardson, said. "We are confident that with Administrator Huerta's leadership, the FAA and the airline industry as a whole are moving in the right direction and we are looking forward to a safer, more efficient air travel system."
Southwest Airlines pilots will work to support these efforts by working with Administrator Huerta and his staff with a focus on issues such as:
- Deployment of a modern, reliable air control system;
- Minimizing foreign influence over American-owned airlines;
- Safe, responsibly-scheduled deployment of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles;
- Pragmatic enforcement of regulations related to flight time/duty time; and
- Medical eligibility for diabetic pilots.
Located in Dallas, Texas, the Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association (SWAPA) is a non-profit employee organization representing the more than 6,400 pilots of Southwest Airlines. SWAPA works to provide a secure and rewarding career for Southwest pilots and their families through negotiating contracts, defending contractual rights and actively promoting professionalism and safety. For more information on the Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association, visit www.swapa.org.
SOURCE Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher