|By Business Wire||
|January 9, 2013 05:31 PM EST||
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® today applauded the announcement by FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski that the FCC will be kicking off a government-wide effort to increase Wi-Fi speeds and alleviate Wi-Fi congestion at major hubs, such as airports, convention centers and large conference gatherings. Chairman Genachowski made the announcement in his one-on-one session with CEA president and CEO Gary Shapiro on the second day of the 2013 International CES, the world’s largest annual innovation event, owned and produced by CEA.
The following quote can be attributed to CEA President and CEO Gary Shapiro:
“CEA enthusiastically applauds Chairman Genachowski and the FCC for committing to free up spectrum, expediting ultra high-speed, high-capacity Wi-Fi in support of the U.S. innovation economy. The International CES show floor with more than 3,000 exhibitors illustrates how products increasingly rely on Wi-Fi. We need additional spectrum to provide the services Americans need and want.
“Today’s announcement by the FCC will enable higher data speeds and greater capacity – including improved HD video distribution capability – and will help every consumer with a Wi-Fi-enabled device, whether traveling, attending events like the International CES, or simply connecting to home networks.”
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $209 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online at www.CE.org, www.DeclareInnovation.com and through social media: https://www.facebook.com/#!/CEAfeed, http://twitter.com/ceafeed, http://blog.ce.org/.
2013 International CES
January 8-11, 2013, Las Vegas, NV
March 8-10, 2013, Snowmass, CO
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher