|By Marketwired .||
|January 9, 2013 03:21 PM EST||
JACKSONVILLE, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/13 -- Safariland announced today its decision to begin doing business under a new name, "The Safariland Group." This new name will better clarify the relationship and distinction between their corporate entity and their industry-leading law enforcement and consumer sporting brands. Additionally, doing business as The Safariland Group will allow the company to further pursue its commitment for planned acquisitions and innovative engineering of new product lines.
"This new name builds upon the foundation of the Safariland brand, yet also recognizes and highlights that our company is made up of many industry-leading brands," said Scott O'Brien, President, The Safariland Group. "It also clarifies the distinction between The Safariland Group as our corporate trade name and the longstanding and highly recognized Safariland® brand of holsters, duty gear and accessories, established in 1964."
Safariland, LLC was sold in 2012 by BAE Systems to Kanders & Company, a Stamford, Connecticut private investment firm, bringing back together ownership and combined leadership responsible for the initial growth of the Safariland Company beginning in 1996. No change of ownership or legal entity occurs with this name change. Rather, now as 19 brands, The Safariland Group name helps to strategically position the company for its next phase of growth. All products will continue to be manufactured by the same associates who take ownership and pride in their work with the heartfelt belief in their mission of "Together, We Save Lives."
With The Safariland Group platform, the company is well-positioned to capitalize on a number of strategic growth initiatives, including a resumption of its international growth focus, continued innovation in existing product categories, organic development of products for new categories and strategic acquisitions, all while continuing to place its leading brands in the forefront of the marketplace.
About The Safariland Group
The Safariland Group is a premier global provider of trusted, innovative, high-quality law enforcement and security products for the public safety, military and outdoor/personal protection markets. Offering many of the world's most recognizable names in these markets, principal brands include ABA®, Second Chance®, Safariland®, Bianchi® and Break Free®. Forensics brands include Identicator® and NIK®. The Safariland Group's mission, Together, We Save Lives, is inherent in the life-saving products it delivers. The Safariland Group is a privately held company with headquarters in Jacksonville, FL. For more information about The Safariland Group and its brands, please visit www.safariland.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London