|By PR Newswire||
|January 9, 2013 02:19 PM EST||
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Quaker Chemical Corporation (NYSE: KWR), a leading global provider of process fluids, has received H1 certification for QUAKEROL® PCL-FG – a high performance, food grade synthetic lubricant formulated for use on pin chains in the can manufacturing process. The synthetic lubricant keeps chains deposit free by minimizing carbon build-up and provides excellent lubricity, which results in increased efficiency and reduced wear.
QUAKEROL® PCL-FG was deemed FDA-compliant for incidental food contact. In September 2012, H1 certification was obtained – giving QUAKEROL® PCL-FG approval as a lubricant for use in and around food processing areas.
"With today's interest in 'green' technology, many beverage manufacturers are being asked to fill cans produced with food grade synthetic lubricants, in the event there is incidental food contact. Quaker is now in the unique position in the US to meet this growing need," comments James Vandenberg, Quaker's Industry Business Manager – Cans, North America.
The H1 certification was obtained under NSF International's Nonfood Compounds Registration program, which is based on meeting regulatory requirements (including FDA 21 CFR) for appropriate use, ingredients and labeling.
Products approved for use under this program can be found in NSF's White Book.
Quaker also offers other food grade lubricants to the Can market, including low-VOC tab lubricants for can end conversion presses, pre-lubricants for tab stock, and necker lubricants for aluminum bottle cans.
For more information on Quaker Chemical and its full product line offerings, including Chemical Management Services, please visit quakerchem.com.
About Quaker Chemical Corporation:
Quaker Chemical is a leading global provider of process fluids, chemical specialties, and technical expertise to a wide range of industries, including steel, aluminum, automotive, mining, aerospace, tube and pipe, cans, and others. For nearly 100 years, Quaker has helped customers around the world achieve production efficiency, improve product quality, and lower costs through a combination of innovative technology, process knowledge, and customized services. Headquartered in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania USA, Quaker serves businesses worldwide with a network of dedicated and experienced professionals whose mission is to make a difference. Visit quakerchem.com to learn more.
SOURCE Quaker Chemical Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks