|By Business Wire||
|January 9, 2013 07:10 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rkz6tg/3axis_consumer) has announced the addition of the "3-Axis Consumer Gyroscopes 2012" report to their offering.
Market multiplied by 4 in six years, more than 25 new competitors, strong technical challenges for combo integration
PLENTY OF NEW APPLICATIONS WILL DRIVE THE 2017 MARKET TO $1.6B
Changes can happen quickly in the inertial MEMS industry! 3-axis MEMS gyroscopes did not exist in 2009, but it is now a very large market. Indeed 3-axis gyroscopes and gyro-based combos in consumer applications were a $458M market in 2011. Since continuous growth is expected, everyone agrees that this is the hottest segment of all MEMS sensors and the market is expected to reach $1.57B by 2017!
Smartphones and tablets are the major contributors to the developments in 3-axis consumer gyroscopes. As the demand for products rises and the attach rate of gyroscopes increases, this area is very appealing for all gyro players. This report carefully details the applications and analyses how it is currently driving all the major evolutions in terms of size, combo roadmap, software etc.
Market opportunities are also present in many other areas. While some mature segments still represent a significant market (gaming, camera stabilization, etc.), a wide range of new applications is emerging. Many new developments are found in sports (e.g. gesture monitoring), fitness (e.g. posture monitoring), healthcare (e.g. fall detection), toys (e.g. robotic devices), remote controls (e.g. pointing for digital set top boxes). Many developers are currently working on such emerging applications and we are convinced that these new developments will become significant markets in the medium or long term. Recent advances in integration and spectacular decreases in price (6DOF IMUs will be available for close to $1 soon) are enabling these emerging markets. Details on these emerging applications are contained in the report.
3 types of products:
- 3-axis gyroscopes
- 6 DOF IMU combos
- 9 DOF combos
KEY FEATURES OF THE STUDY
- To provide a global overview on the market data for 3-axis gyro-based MEMS devices used in consumer applications - key market metrics & dynamics
- To provide application focus on key existing markets and most promising emerging ones
- To provide a clear understanding of MEMS gyro value chain, infrastructure & players
- To provide an analysis on the major technology trends for 3-axis gyroscopes sensors and systems
WHO SHOULD BUY THIS REPORT?
- MEMS device manufacturers
- MEMS foundries, material and equipments
- Specialists of microcontrollers, application processor
- System integrators and developers (for mobile devices, gaming, sports & fitness)
- R&D centers
- Financial & strategic investors
Key Topics Covered:
- Introduction, Definitions & Methodology
- Executive Summary
- 2011-2017 market overview
- Application trends
- Analysis on the competitive environment
- Value chain analysis
- Technology trends
- Conclusion & perspectives
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rkz6tg/3axis_consumer
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London