|By Business Wire||
|January 9, 2013 06:01 AM EST||
Lumany LLC, a leading developer of innovative light sources for biomedical and specialty applications, announced today the release of the world’s first commercially available 607nm orange laser for life science applications. The 607nm laser (LM-607-020) utilizes Lumany’s patent protected innovative technology to emit a diffraction limited, single mode beam that is particularly useful for flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, DNA sequencing, optogenetics, and holography and particle analysis.
“This is an exciting frontier for Lumany,” said Robert Bagby, Chairman of Lumany. “Orange light is the last major excitation void in life science applications.” With no commercial visible laser available between 595 and 630nm, Lumany’s newly announced orange laser addresses that excitation void by operating at a fixed 607nm wavelength, enabling researchers to probe numerous red fluorescent proteins which are optimally excited at this wavelength. “Red fluorescent proteins are critical in life science applications because of their ability to produce brighter images with better contrast, along with more effective light penetration for deep imaging,” Bagby later added.
Lumany’s LM-607-020 delivers 20 milliwatts of optical power with excellent beam quality and reliability, and can be utilized as a standalone laser source or integrated seamlessly into life science instruments. For additional information including product inquiries, contact the company at info@Lumany.com, or visit www.Lumany.com.
Lumany designs and manufactures next generation laser and illumination products for biomedical and specialty applications. Lumany has an extensive intellectual property portfolio for its innovative light source technology, and company leadership includes photonics industry veterans and biomedical application experts. Lumany was established in 2011 and is based in Costa Mesa, CA. For additional information, contact the company at info@Lumany.com, or visit www.Lumany.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher