|By Marketwired .||
|January 9, 2013 05:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, DC -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/13 -- In addition to LASIK, Dr. Thomas Clinch and Dr. Paul Kang also perform cataract surgery as a staple of their practice. At Eye Doctors of Washington, patients often ask questions regarding their candidacy for cataract surgery. In order to allow patients to make informed decisions and have realistic expectations, Drs. Clinch and Kang work to educate prospective patients on cataract surgery in preoperative consultations. They were the first physicians in the region to perform Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery (LenSx®) and have incorporated this technology into the education process of the procedure.
Many prospective cataract surgery patients worry that they may be too old for the procedure. However, with new technological advances in the field, Drs. Clinch and Kang say almost all patients now meet the criteria for these outpatient surgeries. At their Washington, DC ophthalmology practice, they have operated on patients over the age of 100.
Steps toward cataract surgery:
- Before a patient undergoes cataract surgery, an overall evaluation of the patient's health and a routine physical test are required.
- Since each patient's vision is different, a measurement using an A-Scan test must be taken to determine the length of the eye.
- Some patients may need glasses after undergoing cataract surgery, and many of those patients opt to couple cataract surgery with intraocular lens implants. These implants allow patients to experience clear vision at distance and near ranges.
Cataract surgery is necessary in order to remove a cataract that has begun to form. However, Drs. Clinch and Kang note that a daily intake of Vitamin C may slow the progression of cataracts. At Eye Doctors of Washington, they recommend that patients take 100 units of Vitamin C -- a dosage that is already present in most daily multi-vitamin supplements. If a patient is considering cataract surgery, the Washington, DC eye surgeons are happy to hold consultations to discuss a tailored treatment plan.
About Thomas Clinch, MD
Dr. Thomas Clinch has been named in the National Registry of Who's Who and also named one of the "Best Doctors and Top Ophthalmologists in America." He is a graduate of Cornell University and earned his medical degree at Jefferson Medical College. In addition to holding an Associate Professorship in the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Utah, Dr. Clinch served in the U.S. Navy as the head of the Department of Ophthalmology. Recently, he was honored with an Achievement Award by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Clinch is available for interview upon request.
About Paul Kang, MD
Dr. Paul Kang works as a scientific reviewer for the Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and serves as an Assistant Clinical Professor at the Department of Ophthalmology at Georgetown University and the Washington Hospital Center. He is a graduate of Harvard University and earned his medical degree at Indiana University. Dr. Kang's clinical research has been recognized by the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. He is available for interview upon request.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2196516
Eye Doctors of Washington
Washington, DC Office:
1016 16th Street NW, Lower Level 100
Washington, DC 20036
(202) 659-2050 or (877) SEE-WITH-LASIK
Chevy Chase Metro Building at Wisconsin and Western Avenues Office:
2 Wisconsin Circle Suites 200 and 230
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(301) 215-7100 or (877) SEE-WITH-LASIK
Tysons Corner Office:
8230 Boone Blvd Suite # 125
Vienna, VA 22182
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher