|By Business Wire||
|January 9, 2013 12:29 AM EST||
VoiceBox Technologies Corp., the award-winning innovator of Voice Personal Assistant applications built on its patented Conversational Voice technologies, today announced that it was granted additional US Patents, including one covering China, in the areas of mobile voice technology and advertising. These grants further support the Company’s competitive advantage in the growing Personal Assistant software market. To date, VoiceBox has had 26 patents issued or allowed; and additional 11 patents are pending.
The Company is showcasing product launches leveraging these patents in mobile phone, smart TV, automotive and tablet markets at CES.
While the use of voice as part of a device interface is just beginning to show traction in the marketplace, VoiceBox was an early pioneer. Its founding vision of a single, personalized interface utilizing a new generation of natural voice technology across an ever-diversifying range of consumer devices remains the foundation of the Company’s strategy and expanding product offerings.
The recent patents extend this protection to mobile systems/applications, including those in cars. “The patent processing time when we started was over three years,” said Mike Kennewick, CEO. “We’re happy to see the results – a strong patent portfolio that perfectly aligns to the increasing consumer interest in voice interfaces across devices. Expectations of increasing personalization has driven the quickly emerging Personal Assistant trend, leveraging our patented personalization and advertising capabilities.”
VoiceBox is used in products by brands such as Toyota, Lexus, Pioneer, Dodge, TomTom, Chrysler, Renault, Fiat and Maserati worldwide in over 13 European and Asian languages.
About VoiceBox Technologies Corp.
VoiceBox provides voice Personal Assistant applications that let people find content and services as well as control their devices using everyday, natural speech. Based on its patented, award-winning Conversational Voice technology, VoiceBox products provide a uniquely flexible, conversational user experience. Its hybrid embedded-server architecture allows VoiceBox to serve customers across the mobile device, automotive, smart TV/home electronics and tablet markets throughout North America, Europe and Asia. VoiceBox-built products ship on global brands such as Toyota, Lexus, Pioneer, TomTom, Chrysler, Fiat, Mazda, Renault and Maserati. Visit www.voicebox.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks