|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 10:44 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- MPOWERD, Inc. launched a new fundraising campaign today on the popular crowd-funding platform Indiegogo. MPOWERD aims to raise at least $200,000 over the next two months in order to scale up distribution of its innovative micro solar-powered lanterns throughout the developing world.
The lanterns, named Luci , provide a unique renewable-energy solution for the nearly 1.6 billion people living in energy poverty around the world, and the additional 1.5 billion with unreliable energy access. For those living off the grid, everyday challenges can have devastating consequences. Women spend precious time collecting fuel when they could be earning an income. Children cannot study inside after the sun goes down, and indoor air pollution from burning fuel substantially increases the incidence of cancer, tuberculosis and pneumonia.
Luci can provide these families with safe, clean and reliable lighting for up to 12 hours after just 5-6 hours of charging in the sun. Luci can be hung from a ceiling, providing 10 square feet of illumination, or carried at night as a lantern. Unlike other hard plastic products, Luci is collapsible and can be easily transported in a pocket. By raising $200,000 through Indiegogo, MPOWERD will be able to fund research and development to improve our product and provide lights to people living in energy poverty through our selected Buy One, Give One partners.
"Indiegogo offers an incredible opportunity for anyone to contribute and help us fulfill our dream of ending energy poverty. This is one of the most important development challenges facing us today, and we can no longer afford to ignore those who face tremendous challenges to their health, education, and safety simply because they lack adequate lighting sources," said Jacques-Philippe Piverger, CEO and Co-founder. "We're thrilled to be a part of the Indiegogo platform so we can spread the word about our innovative energy solution to help light up the world."
Donations to MPOWERD through the Indiegogo platform will help MPOWERD fulfill its mission to end energy poverty. Each contribution can have a tremendous impact:
- $25 will provide a family with clean lighting so they are no longer forced to inhale toxic fumes from kerosene lamps in their homes.
- $500 will help small business owners in a community keep their stores open longer so they can generate more income.
- $1,000 will provide a school with lighting so children can study longer indoors.
To learn more about Luci or MPOWERD, or to make a donation, visit the campaign webpage: http://www.indiegogo.com/mpowerd
To view this video on YouTube, please visit: http://youtu.be/Ll_r1roCTvY
Media Contact: Jill Van den Brule MPOWERD, 917 224 8868, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher