|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 10:37 PM EST||
SPRINGFIELD, Ill., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is a statement released today by Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) Executive Director Richard Pearson. Mr. Pearson's statement comes in response to news that Illinois Attorney General Madigan has petitioned the full 7th Circuit Court of Appeals to review the court's earlier ruling that overturned Illinois' ban on citizens carrying concealed firearms.
"The ISRA is not at all surprised to learn that Attorney General Madigan is seeking a review of the court's earlier decision. As a plaintiff in the original case, Shepard v. Madigan, the ISRA is confident that we had a good case and that the merits of our case guided the court to its decision to overturn the ban on concealed firearms. We are equally confident that the full appeals court will find that the 3-member panel acted properly in overturning the ban and will thus uphold the decision. Like many others, the plaintiffs in this case are looking forward to the day when all law-abiding Illinois citizens will have the opportunity to enhance their personal safety by carrying defensive firearms."
The ISRA is the state's leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. For more than a century, the ISRA has represented the interests of millions of law-abiding Illinois firearm owners.
WEB SITE: http://www.isra.org
SOURCE Illinois State Rifle Association
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher