|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 09:01 PM EST||
MEXICO CITY, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Grupo Salinas' Jugueton toy drive has once again exceeded expectations, with the collection of 16,215,523 new toys, which were transformed into millions of smiles for underprivileged children.
The Jugueton is a program spearheaded by Mexican entrepreneur Ricardo Salinas (www.ricardosalinas.com). The Jugueton has become the largest toy collection campaign in Mexico, thanks to the support of millions of volunteers and donors.
Since its inception in 1995, the program has grown and even crossed borders. For the fifth year, toys were also distributed in Guatemala and southwest United States (Los Angeles, Dallas and Houston).
During the ceremonial kick-off from the city of Boca del Rio, in the Mexican state of Veracruz, Jugueton founder Jorge Garralda gave the official inauguration together with Azteca CEO Mario San Roman. Also present during the ceremony were Boca del Rio Mayor Salvador Manzur Diaz and representatives from Fundacion Soriana, Grupo Estrella Blanca and other important organizations to mark the start of distribution of toys to children awaiting the arrival of the Three Wise Men, the traditional gift-giving holiday in Mexico.
Grupo Salinas Profile.
Grupo Salinas (www.gruposalinas.com) is a group of dynamic, fast growing, and technologically advanced companies focused on creating shareholder value, building the Mexican middle class, and improving society through excellence. Created by Mexican entrepreneur Ricardo B. Salinas (www.ricardosalinas.com), Grupo Salinas operates as a management development and decision forum for the top leaders of member companies. These companies include: Azteca (www.tvazteca.com.mx; www.irtvazteca.com) Azteca America (www.aztecaamerica.com), Grupo Elektra (www.grupoelektra.com.mx), Banco Azteca (www.bancoazteca.com.mx), Advance America (www.advanceamerica.net), Afore Azteca (www.aforeazteca.com.mx), Seguros Azteca (www.segurosazteca.com.mx) and Grupo Iusacell (www.iusacell.com). Each of the Grupo Salinas companies operates independently, with its own management, board of directors and shareholders. Grupo Salinas has no equity holdings.
Contact: Daniel McCosh; (5255) 1720-0059; firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Grupo Salinas; Fundacion Azteca
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London