|By Marketwired .||
|January 8, 2013 06:34 PM EST||
CARLSBAD, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- Global service and technology solutions provider MVTS Technologies has acquired the Electroglas wafer prober assets from Zenovus Pte. Ltd. and will now provide global sales and service for the Electroglas 4080, 4090, 4090u, 4090u+ and 6000 product lines. Under the terms of the asset purchase agreement, MVTS has acquired all global inventory and goodwill, in addition to retaining key directors and employees.
Ron Maassen, CEO of MVTS, describes the acquisition of the wafer prober assets as "a continuation of our strategy to provide the broadest range of semiconductor-related products and services to our customers. The Electroglas product lines are complementary to our core automated test equipment (ATE) and IC Inspection businesses and we intend to engage fully with the customer base to provide both sales and service solutions."
M.K. Low, a Zenovus founder and long term EG (Electroglas) employee, said, "It is with great pleasure I join the MVTS team. They are one of the only valued added suppliers who have the global infrastructure and product investment capability to maintain and expand product and service solutions for EG customers."
Wafer prober technology is used in both front and back-end semiconductor manufacturing segments. Probers enable electronic test and verification of the wafer manufacturing process, prior to singulation and assembly into packaged ICs.
About MVTS Technologies
MVTS Technologies provides premier equipment, service and support solutions to manufacturers worldwide. Delivering and supporting refurbished systems, upgrades and consumables to semiconductor manufacturers in more than 15 countries in North America, Europe and Asia, MVTS enables customers and OEM affiliates to extend the life and value of investments in semiconductor equipment and other technologies. Founded in 1994, MVTS is privately held and headquartered in Carlsbad, California. More information is available at www.mvts.com.
VP of Marketing
E-Mail: Email Contact
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher