|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 06:28 PM EST||
RALEIGH, N.C., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- "Salvage Dawgs," the new reality series that premiered in November on the DIY network, has been bumped up to primetime on the higher rated sister network HGTV. The show airs Thurs., Jan 10 at 8pm and 8:30pm.
"Salvage Dawgs" chronicles the adventures and creativity of the Black Dog Salvage team – a Virginia-based architectural salvage business. Long time do-it-yourself fans and newcomers alike can enjoy salvage owners Robert Kulp and Mike Whiteside as they display their polar opposite personalities, making for a show filled with humor and suspense. While both share a passion for historical preservation, Robert is the self-proclaimed "bottom line guy" who focuses on the re-sale value. Mike is the "go big, go fast, go hard" guy who finds amusement in the unusual and engineers often hair-brained solutions for getting materials out of structures unharmed.
"We're obviously thrilled that this move to HGTV allows us an opportunity to turn new viewers on to the show," said Jeff Lanter, co-executive producer. "At the same time, it gives our current fans more access to the series they've grown to love."
From carefully extracting architectural elements from private homes and classic historical properties to disassembling old hospitals and crumbling mills, every show is a fast-paced treasure hunt.
In Thursday night's 8pm episode, the crew salvages the Washington Mill, an old cotton mill from the late 1800s. At 8:30, they explore the six-story, luxury Robert E. Lee Hotel built in 1926 to uncover a peg leg sink, French doors and pelican urinals. They also build a coffee table out of a salvaged panel and wood from the Izard House.
"Salvage Dawgs" is co-produced by North Carolina-based film companies Trailblazer Studios and Figure 8 Films. The two companies have worked together previously on Figure 8 Film's TLC series "Sister Wives," "Abby and Brittany" and "Jon & Kate Plus 8." www.TrailblazerStudios.com, www.figure8films.tv
Black Dog Salvage is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. With a mission to reclaim, renew and redefine architectural salvage for a sustainable future, it specializes in architectural elements from turn-of-the-century to mid-century modern homes, estates and buildings. www.BlackDogSalvage.com
SOURCE Trailblazer Studios
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks