|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 05:35 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the founding of Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) of the City University of New York (CUNY), BMCC's President, Dr. Antonio Perez, will ring The Opening Bell of the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
Perez will be accompanied on the podium by BMCC Foundation Chair Christine Larsen; BMCC Foundation member, Laura Morrison, who is a Senior Vice President at NYSE Euronext, and a group of BMCC students.
The ringing of the bell will also celebrate BMCC's re-opening this fall of a new and technologically-advanced facility -- Fiterman Hall -- to replace the building that was destroyed during 9/11. BMCC's downtown campus provides sweeping views of the financial district and a strong link to the downtown business community. BMCC students "Start Here...Go Anywhere" by transferring to top senior colleges, both within the CUNY system, and beyond.
Founded in 1963 in midtown, the college relocated to lower Manhattan in the early eighties and has expanded to welcome more than 24,000 students in recent years. BMCC is the largest undergraduate institution in New York City, and is as diverse and resilient a community as the city itself.
This spring, BMCC's Annual Scholarship Gala will be held on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, honoring business leaders, board members, students and friends of the college.
Dedicated to serving the educational needs of New Yorkers, BMCC is located in the heart of downtown Manhattan. Distinguished BMCC faculty members provide students with support and guidance and our students come from all five boroughs and more than 155 countries to take advantage of academic opportunities, build contacts, and open doors in their field of choice.
BMCC Public Affairs
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher