|By Marketwired .||
|January 8, 2013 12:42 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- One Spear Entertainment announced the launch of ShaqDown today at the opening of the 2013 International CES, the world's largest consumer electronics show. ShaqDown is a 2D, side scrolling beat 'em up game available on iOS and Android. The game was developed by award-winning game studio Hiptic Games.
ShaqDown is set in a dystopian future where mankind has been mostly wiped out by a zombie outbreak. Years passed, and, just when the world thought the zombies had died out and mankind had won, the virus that caused the outbreak mutated and created a new form of evil -- the Mutant Zombies. In the game, Shaq has friends that help him in his battle against the Mutant Zombies, including 3-Time World Champion wrestler and Olympic Coach, Lee Kemp.
As a lifelong gamer and successful entertainment icon, O'Neal has been researching the gaming sector for several years looking for the right entry point. "I've always liked the mobile gaming space," O'Neal said. "As a father, I've seen how much time my children spend playing different games and thought ShaqDown would be a cool, entertaining game for kids of all ages."
The ShaqDown App is available for $0.99 from the App Store on iPhone and iPad, or at: www.itunes.com/appstore and via the Google Play Store at http://play.google.com for Android smart phones and tablets. The game is available on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch as well as Android devices in six languages including English, Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Japanese, and Spanish. The ShaqDown trailer can be viewed at: http://www.shaqdown.com.
About Hiptic Games
Hiptic Games is a new mobile games studio founded by industry veteran Long Vo and tech entrepreneur George Deglin. Hiptic Games is dedicated to making cool games for mobile devices with awesome new IP, addictive, solid gameplay and high quality graphics and animation. Their first title, Go Ninja, was featured on iTunes and has been downloaded over 1.8 million times. Hiptic Games is based in the South Bay Area, CA.
About One Spear Entertainment, Inc.
Based in San Francisco, One Spear Entertainment is an entertainment IP publisher focused on the mobile games sector. The company publishes mobile games built around celebrities and popular gaming genres. One Spear Entertainment is working on becoming the most trusted entertainment company in the world.
Video-Link Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2196349
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London