|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 11:17 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Speck released two new lines of iPad mini cases based on its often-imitated, but never copied, CandyShell. The new CandyShell and CandyShell Grip for iPad mini both sport Speck's patented dual-layer design and come in an array of on-trend colors for 2013.
The CandyShell for iPad mini has a hard outer shell to guard against impact and a glossy finish for a sleek, stylish look. The exterior is complemented by a soft, rubbery interior that absorbs shock from occasional bumps and drops. Also built in is a raised bezel to protect the screen, and rubberized covers to shield buttons.
The gamer-friendly CandyShell Grip was originally designed for the iPod touch. When Speck brought it to the iPhone, it quickly became a top seller, and now, for the first time, it is available for the iPad mini. It offers the same dual-layer protection of the CandyShell, plus interwoven plastic and rubber grips that make it easy to hold, and add structure and style.
"The CandyShell design offers both style and protection, which make sense for the smaller, more portable iPad mini," said Bryan Hynecek, Vice President of Design, Speck. "We've also seen a lot of people on the go with the iPad mini, so we felt an easy-to-hold case like CandyShell Grip was a good fit for the way the device is being used."
Also new at CES is Speck's SmartShell for iPad mini. It's the perfect companion for the Apple Smart Cover, adding protection to the back of your iPad mini for full-on coverage. It also secures the Smart Cover in place when open, allowing your iPad mini to lay flat from edge to spine.
Speck is showing off their cases for iPad, iPhone and an array of top smartphones and tablets at CES 2013 in the Las Vegas Convention Center South Hall 4, booth #36218. For credentialed media, Speck is hosting a happy hour in their VIP lounge every day between 1:00PM and 2:00PM.
Speck was founded in 2001 by a group of California-based engineers. We set up shop where Art meets Engineering, because we're downright fanatical about design. Our eclectic team of inventors and color-lovers architect all of Speck's products in-house, for well-crafted cases that complement your favorite gadgets, look sharp and feel just right. Our award-winning cases have captured the hearts of the press, the US Patent and Trademark Office, and most importantly, all the people who use their gadgets day after day. To learn more about Speck, drop by speckproducts.com or buddy up with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London