|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 11:17 AM EST||
FRANKFORT, Ky., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey is proud to announce its third annual Battle of the Bands Contest, which kicked off January 1st. As with previous years, bands will be encouraged to upload their songs to the Buffalo Trace Saloon online jukebox and earn "Shots" (votes) from Saloon users. The contest can be accessed both in the Saloon and through Facebook.
For this year's contest, the grand prize winner will receive $10,000 - twice the amount of previous years. The ultimate winner will also be decided using a new format. The top vote getters of each month through August will receive $500 and a spot in the eight band finals taking place in September. Last year's grand prize winner was the country and southern rock outfit Buffalo Head from Indianapolis.
"We love whiskey and music," said Bourbon Brand Manager Kris Comstock. "We upped the grand prize and made it a winner-takes-all format in the final month. We're excited to see the monthly winners battle it out in the end and claim their spot at the top."
The Battle of the Bands music and contest details can be accessed at: http://www.buffalotracesaloon.com/battleofthebands, or on Facebook at http://apps.facebook.com/btbattleofthebands. Must be 21 years or older to enter.
About Buffalo Trace Distillery
Buffalo Trace Distillery is a family-owned company based in Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky. The Distillery's rich distilling tradition dates back to 1787 and includes such legends as E.H. Taylor, Jr., George T. Stagg, Albert B. Blanton, Orville Schupp, and Elmer T. Lee. Buffalo Trace Distillery is a fully operational Distillery producing bourbon, rye and vodka on site and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Distillery has won seven distillery titles since 2000 from such notable publications as Whisky Magazine, Whisky Advocate Magazine and Wine Enthusiast Magazine. It was named Whisky Magazine 2010 World Icons of Whisky "Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year." Buffalo Trace Distillery has also garnered more than 200 awards for its wide range of premium whiskies. To learn more about Buffalo Trace Distillery visit www.buffalotrace.com.
SOURCE Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks