|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 09:45 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rockchip (Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd) today debuted its RK3188, a new generation quad-core processor at CES2013 in Las Vegas.
RK3188 is the first chipset based on 28nm process from Chinese IC design company, which comes with a new revolution of leading technology in the global mobile Internet industry. Based on quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 architecture, RK3188 attains great CPU performance as high as 1.8GHz frequency, and the GPU is also a powerful quad-core "giant", ARM Mali-400 MP4 @533MHz. Along with the powerful quad-core CPU performance, RK3188 has a high performance dedicated 2D processor and high-speed inter chip interface. It is also a perfect support for super-high resolution displays and GPS baseband, and can support Android4.2 and further versions of Android OS. "RK3188 is a 1H2L solution, which is known as being high-performance, low-consumption, and low-cost," said Chen Feng, CMO of Rockchip. "The debut of RK3188 will fuel the evolution of the mobile Internet industry, marching into the quad-core era, starting from the tablet market."
Rockchip has well prepared a big visual feast of tablets for its guests to view at CES2013. By presenting a great variety of quad-core, dual-core and single-core tablets and phone devices, Rockchip is also presenting its innovative E-Home solution and multi-purpose education tablet application.
Attendees are welcome to visit Rockchip's booth at CES2013: South1 No.21455
High Performance Mobile Application Processer
• 28nm HKMG process with low leakage and high performance
• Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor with up to 1.8GHz speed
• Quad-core Mali-400 GPU, supporting OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and OpenVG 1.1, up to 500Mhz
• High performance dedicated 2D processor
• Full memory support, including DDR3, DDR3L and LPDDR2
• 1080P@60fps multi-format video decoder
• 1080P@30fps video encoding for H.264 and vp8
• Embedded 60bit/s ECC for MLC NAND, 16bit data width to improve performance
• Support MLC NAND Flash, iNAND Flash, eMMC/SDMMC and USB booting
• Dual panel display with multi-layer, with maximum 2048x1536 resolution support
• One USB OTG 2.0, one USB Host2.0 interface and High-Speed Inter Chips interface
• Support RMII Ethernet interface
• Embedded GPS baseband
SOURCE Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks