|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Skyera Inc., founded by an executive and engineering team with unsurpassed backgrounds in the NAND flash, solid-state, storage and networking arenas, today announced that its Skyhawk solid-state storage system has been named the winner of the Enabling Professional Storage Technology award in the Visionary Products Category of the 12th Annual Storage Vision Conference awards.
The Storage Vision Conference awards recognize companies advancing the state of the art in storage technologies utilized in consumer electronics, the media and entertainment industries, and visionary products for the digital value chain. Skyhawk's Visionary Product win follows its selection as a Best of Show award winner for 2012 in the category of Most Innovative Flash Memory Enterprise Business Application at the Flash Memory Summit. The company has also been previously named a Global Hot 100 Company by The World Summit on Innovation & Entrepreneurship (THEWSIE), which recognizes the world's most-innovative 100 emerging companies, a "Cool Vendor in Storage Technologies″ in a 2012 Gartner report, a "Hot Storage Start-up" from Enterprise Storage Forum, and "10 Hot Tech Start-ups" from CRN.
"We are pleased with the continued recognition that the Skyera Skyhawk solid-state solution has received for being a visionary and innovative product," said Radoslav Danilak, CEO of Skyera. "Winning top honors in the Visionary Products Category of the Storage Vision Conference further validates our approach to mainstream enterprise solid-state storage."
Skyera Skyhawk features a compact half-depth 1u form factor with 44 terabytes of up to 1 million IOPS, low-latency native capacity to satisfy the most-demanding Big Data, analytics and virtualization applications. Skyhawk was developed from the ground up to extend the life amplification of the latest generation of MLC Flash and to deliver a solution at a system price of less than $3 per gigabyte, in line with hard disk-based enterprise storage systems.
Skyera Inc. is an emerging provider of enterprise solid-state storage systems designed to enable a large class of applications with extraordinarily high performance, exceptionally lower power consumption and cost effectiveness relative to existing enterprise storage systems. Founded by the executives who previously developed the world's most-advanced flash memory controller, Skyera is backed by key technology and financial partnerships designed to position it at the forefront of the hyper growth in the solid-state storage sector. The company was featured in the Gartner report "Cool Vendors in Storage Technologies, 2012" and was chosen by Flash Memory Summit as a Best of Show award winner for 2012 in the category of Most Innovative Flash Memory Enterprise Business Application. For more information about the company, visit skyera.com.
818-884-8282, ext. 22
SOURCE Skyera Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London