|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 06:02 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wtbjfn/wifi_direct) has announced the addition of the "Wi-Fi Direct Solutions and Applications" report to their offering.
WiFi Direct allows devices to communicate directly with each other using methods similar to traditional WiFi without the reliance upon a central access point. Instead, the devices use a "Software Access Point" (Soft AP). When two devices get within close range of each other the users can merely push a button which will allow the devices to communicate directly with one another and negotiate which device will act as the access point rather than using a central access point.
This research evaluates several WiFi Direct use cases for various application types. The most often envisioned application type, person-to-person, represents end-users sharing data/content such as transferring photographs from one user to the other. However, there are other key application types analyzed in this report.
In the person-to-device application type, the user will communicate with another WiFi Direct capable device for communications such as printing a file on their smartphone to the target device. In the reverse direction the device, a Blu-Ray player, will communicate with the user by 'pushing' the video to the user's tablet device.
Our research also examines public (as opposed to privately controlled) use cases and application types. In a public application scenario, for example, the end-user will communicate with a public movie kiosk to download a movie to their smartphone. Conversely, the public device may 'push' data to smartphones in the vicinity.
- WiFi service providers
- Cellular network operators
- WiFi infrastructure providers
- Wireless application developers
- Computing and wireless device companies
- Broadcom Corporation
- Fujitsu Ltd
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Htc Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- Jvc Kenwood Holdings
- Lg Electronics
- Motorola Mobility
- Qualcomm Atheros
- Samsung Electronics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wtbjfn/wifi_direct.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher