|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 06:01 AM EST||
CAMBRIDGE, England, January 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Plant design solution for Lean Construction
AVEVA announced today the commercial availability of its brand-new plant design software, AVEVA Everything3D (AVEVA E3D), setting a new level of performance for major capital engineering projects.
AVEVA E3D drives the adoption of Lean Construction by enabling Engineering, Procurement and Construction contractors (EPCs) to break down barriers between design and construction, reducing overall project cost, schedule and risk.
Plant operators will benefit from the EPCs use of AVEVA E3D by reducing the time to first production or first oil and by providing them with a digital asset which is a true reflection of the physical asset. As part of AVEVA's multi-year 'The Future of Plant Design' initiative, AVEVA E3D will bring exciting new technology innovations, including integrated laser scanning, mobile and cloud computing, to greatly enhance both new-build plant projects and through-life modifications.
"I am delighted that we can now deliver AVEVA E3D to new and existing customers," said Dave Wheeldon, CTO and Head of Engineering & Design Systems, AVEVA. "AVEVA E3D has many innovative capabilities that will make it the solution of choice for the execution of complex plant design projects. AVEVA E3D provides an exciting opportunity for EPCs to develop Lean Construction processes within an environment which fully integrates as-fabricated and as-constructed, as the design progresses. AVEVA E3D will improve design efficiency, reduce project schedules and reduce rework during the construction phase."
AVEVA E3D features:
- Laser scan models integrated with 3D design modelling
- 3D graphics optimised for efficient and intuitive plant modelling
- Easy to use User Interfaces
- 2D and 3D geometry interfaces
- Powerful drafting functions, integrated with the 3D model
- Parallel operation on the same project with AVEVA PDMS, AVEVA Engineering and AVEVA Diagrams
AVEVA E3D is fully compatible with the current version of AVEVA PDMS.
For more information and to download the business paper 'Plant Design for Lean Construction' visit the 'The Future of Plant Design' website http://www.aveva.com/futureofplantdesign. Alternatively, please contact AVEVA on email@example.com or +44(0)1223-556655 for more information.
AVEVA is a leader in engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries. http://www.aveva.com/ednotes.
© Copyright 2013 AVEVA Solutions Limited and its subsidiaries. All product names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective holders.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher