|By Marketwired .||
|January 8, 2013 05:01 AM EST||
LEESBURG, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- Dr. Behzad Parva, a Leesburg plastic surgeon, believes one's quality of life can be positively affected by cosmetic plastic surgery. As a witness to the positive effects plastic surgery has had on his own patients, the board-certified surgeon concurs with results from a New Brunswick, NJ study(1) designed to "prospectively examine long-term quality-of-life outcomes for patients undergoing elective cosmetic surgery." The study concludes: "Surgery to enhance appearance produces a positive psychological effect by improving quality-of-life outcomes."
An excerpt taken from the study states: "The objective of cosmetic surgery is to bring about an improvement in the patient's psychological functioning by modifying the patient's body image through structural rearrangement." When asked if he shares the same view, Dr. Parva said he agreed with the statement and added: "Whether patients are interested in breast augmentation or BOTOX® injections, I believe effectively achieving a patient's cosmetic goals can essentially give someone a heightened level of confidence and a more positive outlook on life."
At his center for plastic surgery in Leesburg, Dr. Parva says many of his patients have reported a number of positive changes similar to those found in the study. Some positive changes reported after cosmetic plastic surgery include improvements in:
- Social life
- Interpersonal relationships
- Enjoyment of leisure activities
No matter the procedure, Dr. Parva says his goal is always to provide his patients with the highest quality of life he possibly can. When asked to define what he believes to be a high quality of life, the Leesburg plastic surgeon replied that the New Brunswick study basically sums it up. He says, "As highlighted in the study, a person with a high quality of life is characterized by a joy-filled life with satisfying relationships, self-confidence, and a feeling of well-being and contentment."
In the end, Dr. Parva says whether patients are interested in a surgical procedure such as a tummy tuck, or a non-surgical treatment like laser resurfacing, consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is of the utmost importance. He says only qualified medical professionals possess the necessary experience and expertise required to most effectively achieve each patient's ultimate goals.
About Behzad Parva, MD
A graduate of Temple University School of Medicine, Dr. Behzad Parva is a board-certified plastic surgeon in Leesburg, VA. Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, he is an active member of many medical organizations including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons among others. Additionally, he serves on the medical staff at a number of Virginia hospitals and performs surgery at several surgical centers in the area.
Dr. Parva is also available for interview upon request.
(1) "Quality-of-Life Outcomes after Cosmetic Surgery" - Rankin, Marlene Ph.D.; Borah, Gregory L. M.D.; Perry, Arthur W. M.D.; Wey, Philip D.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2195499
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks