|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 02:31 AM EST||
LONDON, January 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The Legal Exchange Network releases 'Global IP Director's Infographic Report' featuring top industry challenges and priorities for the next coming 6-12 months
- 33.3% of IP Directors are currently focussing on litigation strategies in China
- 46.7% agree they currently need extra support in North America
- 46.7% of IP Directors identify leadership and people development as key priority
- 63.3% of respondents select cost control and reducing spend as key priorities
Ahead of the Global IP Exchange, the Legal Exchange Network has conducted research with its senior in-house Intellectual Property community to discover what challenges are at the forefront of their minds for the year ahead. The results have been published as an infographic report which is available online at http://bit.ly/12Ku17m.
53.3% of IP Directors are currently focussing on IP monetization. Without proper valuation monetization is almost impossible, so the study also found that 24% are planning to invest in new IP valuation services in the next 12 to 36 months.
Pressure from the Board is mounting on in-house Heads of IP who need to ensure they add value to the business. Interestingly 29.2% of IP Directors are looking to invest in training tools to educate the wider business on IP and 63.3% have identified cost control and reducing spend as a current key focus.
The Head of the Legal Exchange Network, Ailsa Hardy explained that "IP Directors are working in a global context, therefore many of their challenges arise when it comes to enforcing IP rights in regions such as Asia and Latin America where they are searching for external counsel who truly understand local markets. Monetization is an on-going theme because many IP Directors know their companies own valuable intellectual property but do not have the experience to extract the most value from it".
The Global IP Exchange is an invitation-only event which brings together the most forward-thinking leaders in IP to discuss strategic issues shaping their business agenda. The Chief Counsel - Intellectual Property & Technology Law at BAE Systems plc, Head of the Global Trade Marks at F. Hoffmann-La Roche and Principal Director Patent Law and Multilateral Affairs at the EPO are just a selection of the speakers at the Global IP Exchange, 3-5 March 2013, Munich.
For details of solution provider opportunities or to request an invitation to attend, please get in touch with the Global IP Exchange team via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.globalipexchange.co.uk/PR.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher