|By Marketwired .||
|January 8, 2013 01:00 AM EST||
LEEDS, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- Britain is a nation of holiday lovers, however, figures show millions are unprepared for unexpected holiday disasters by travelling without insurance.
Over half the nation (53%) is planning on venturing on holiday before the end of the year, yet 51% still have no travel insurance in place(i). Asda Travel Insurance is comprehensive and affordable which could give holidaymakers peace of mind when heading overseas.(i)
Despite holidaymakers taking an average of GBP 1,440 worth of goods overseas from the UK, millions still don't have adequate travel insurance, if any at all.
According to Think Banking Weekly data, a staggering 13 million people don't have any travel insurance in place despite having a holiday coming up in the next few months.
Those who do take out travel insurance often end up buying the cheapest policy. The majority (39%) of people opt for single-trip policies when covering themselves for an overseas trip. However, despite this, a third (33%) of those who do take out travel insurance do not have enough protection.
Worryingly, two million people in the UK have had items lost or stolen whilst on holiday and without sufficient cover might not have been able to make a claim.
An easy way that consumers can look after prized possessions on holiday and have peace of mind without breaking the bank is by shopping around online for the best deal.
The research found that a staggering 54% of travel insurance is now arranged online. This is often one of the quickest and easiest ways to review multiple policies and find the best available deal, which provides the right level of cover at the right price for you.
Some 37% of holidaymakers prefer buying travel insurance directly from an online provider. This is by far the most popular way of buying travel insurance online.
Notes for editors
(i)Source: Think Banking Weekly Insurance Review.
About Asda Travel Insurance
- Cover from GBP 4(i)
- Unlimited medical expenses
- 20% online discount
- Kids and grandkids go free(ii)
- Single Trip or Annual Holiday Insurance
- A choice of 3 cover levels
- Worldwide or European Travel Insurance
(i) All pricing examples based on travellers being 18-36 at the time of purchase with no medical conditions. Based on an individual Value European 2 day policy bought online. Price includes 20% online discount.
(ii) Terms and conditions apply. Children are covered when they travel with their parents, grandparents or legal guardians only.
Asda Money is a trading name of Asda Financial Services Limited. Asda Financial Services Ltd is an Introducer Appointed Representative of ACE European Group Ltd. This means that Asda Travel Insurance policies are sold, administered and underwritten by ACE European Group Ltd who is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA), reference number FRN 202803. Full details can be found on the FSA's Register by visiting www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home.do or by contacting the FSA on 0845 606 1234.
+44 (0)1925 611 026
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks