|By Business Wire||
|January 7, 2013 11:17 PM EST||
Etron Technology, Inc. (Taiwan GTSM: 5351) announces a new USB3.0 single-channel Flash disk Accelerator (FDA) IC, EV1669, as the first product of the FDA family. EV1669 is capable of achieving read and write speeds of 100 and 80 megabytes per second, respectively, with a TLC (Triple-Level-Cell) flash memory with no additional host driver or software required.
Etron’s USB3.0 FDA series, including EV1669, utilizes proprietary flash disk accelerating technology. This breakthrough technology increases the overall performance of accessing any NAND flash memory by using a new architecture that includes advanced firmware algorithms and high-speed flash interface engines and also significantly enhances the reliability and stability of various NAND flash memories.
EV1669 incorporates 67-bit ECC to support TLC NAND flash memories made of either 2x nm or 1x nm advanced CMOS technologies from various flash memory manufacturers. In addition, EV1669 supports high-speed Toggle mode, ONFI 2.2 DDR NAND, and any asynchronous flash interface. EV1669 adopts the QFP 48-pin package to achieve low-cost 14mm x 29mm 2-layer PCB designs. Thus, EV1669 enables system manufacturers to reduce product size, product weight, and overall manufacturing costs and also offers a smooth upgrade path since most USB 2.0 controllers are also housed in similar QFP 48-pin packages.
The penetration rate of USB3.0 flash disk units will grow significantly in 2013, representing an exciting new business opportunity. Etron’s new EV1669 technology and its world-class track record of helping its clients succeed will help systems providers to capitalize on this emerging market. Etron’s integrated single-chip system shortens design cycles, accelerates time-to-market, and expedites USB 3.0 flash disk delivery to the market. For more information, Etron will display and demonstrate its new EV1669 product in various flash disks along with additional USB3.0 controller ICs at CES Booth No. 31431 of USB TechZone and Etron Booth No: 35114 in the South Hall 4 of the Las Vegas Convention Center at CES 2013 from January 8th to 12th. Etron can also be contacted at +1-408-823-8368.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks