|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 09:30 PM EST||
BALA CYNWYD, Pa., Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC announces that it is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Epocrates, Inc. ("Epocrates" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: EPOC) relating to the proposed acquisition by AthenaHealth, Inc. ("AthenaHealth").
Under the terms of the transaction, Epocrates shareholders will receive only $11.75 in cash for each share of Epocrates stock they own. The investigation concerns possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by the Board of Directors of Epocrates for not acting in the Company's shareholders' best interests in connection with the sale process to AthenaHealth. The transaction may undervalue the Company and will result in a loss for many shareholders. For example Epocrates stock traded at $25.80 as recently as March 15, 2011. In addition, an analyst has set a price target for Epocrates stock at $15.00 per share and the Epocrates app is used by approximately 338,000 U.S. physicians.
If you own shares of Epocrates stock and wish to discuss the legal ramifications of the proposed transaction, or have any questions, you may e-mail or call the law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You may contact Jason L. Brodsky, Esquire or Evan J. Smith, Esquire at Brodsky & Smith, LLC, Two Bala Plaza, Suite 602, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org visiting http://brodsky-smith.com/526-epoc-epocrates-inc.html, by calling toll free 877-LEGAL-90.
SOURCE Brodsky & Smith, LLC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks