|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 09:00 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, and the digital home, today announced that the company will showcase complete Cloud-to-Home solutions for multiscreen applications, with its state-of-the art media streaming and Miracast wireless display products at the Las Vegas Hotel (LVH), suite #2812, during the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show being held January 8th – 11th.
One of the major trends in the consumer market is the emergence of the 'multiscreen content', which continues to gain momentum among service providers. According to In-Stat (now part of DisplaySearch), revenues from multiscreen content platforms will top $21 billion in 2014. As the 'battle of screens' continues to disrupt the traditional media and content models, the underlying technologies for enabling seamless multiscreen capabilities will play a crucial role in accelerating the consumer adoption. Cavium's innovative solutions for Miracast wireless display and OTT media streaming enable OEMs and service providers to leverage this momentum and introduce their differentiated products and services to the market.
For wireless display applications, Cavium's ARM-based PureVu® Video processors enable OEMs and ODMs developing Miracast certified adapters for smartphones, tablets, notebooks PCs, as well as integrated modules for TVs, Monitors, and projectors. Cavium's media processors offer a complete solution, providing turnkey reference designs with comprehensive wireless display and media streaming software. Cavium's CNW6611L PureVu processor has seen major traction in the mobile wireless display adapter market with volume production by several top tier smartphone OEMs.
For the Set Top Box, Digital TV and High Definition Media player applications, Cavium's media processors offer industry leading integration and price-performance.
PureVu Video Processor Demonstrations
- Universal wireless display adapter reference design: Cavium's market-leading universal wireless display adapter reference design show-casing support for a wide range of streaming and mirroring protocols, including Cavium's WiVu™, DLNA®, Intel's WiDi®, and Wi-Fi Alliance's Miracast specification.
- PureVu-based customer products: PureVu-based customer products in multiple CE market segments including smartphones and tablets, monitors, notebooks PCs and stand-alone adapters.
- IP- Set Top Box platform: Fully integrated DVB-T, USB/UPnP Media Playback, OTT (HLS) and VoD (HTTP) media, and web services.
For LTE small cell base stations, including micro, pico and enterprise femto solutions, Cavium's OCTEON Fusion™ MIPS64-based processors deliver industry-leading capacity and throughput via a multi-core architecture integrated with purpose-built baseband DSP cores, extensive LTE hardware accelerators and digital front end (DFE) processing, all in a single chip.
OCTEON Fusion Processor Demonstrations
- LTE eNodeB: End-to-end, over the air, simultaneous operation of 4 Full HD streaming videos and FTP transfer.
- Complete LTE small cell solution: Easily deployable from UE USIM assignment to eNodeB and IP traffic gateway setup, featuring a ready to manufacture Enterprise Small Cell Design.
In addition to the demonstrations in the LVH suite, Cavium's PureVu technology will be included in the Miracast™ demonstration by Wi-Fi Alliance® in South Hall 1, Booth #20300 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The live demonstration will include the Netgear PTV3K showing interoperability with an LG Optimus G smartphone.
About Cavium, Inc
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to over 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access & service provider equipment. Cavium's processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium's principal offices are in San Jose, California with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher