|By Marketwired .||
|January 7, 2013 08:17 PM EST||
SACRAMENTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/07/13 -- Jennifer Persike, deputy executive director for operations and external affairs for the statewide Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA), issued the following statement on the passing of Huell Howser, public television personality and producer of "California's Gold," "California's Water" and other human-interest programs. Howser died Jan. 6 at the age of 67.
"We are saddened at the loss of Huell Howser, a true California treasure. Huell was able to tell the story of California water like no one else. He was able to make it real and relatable, and he did that with every topic he tackled.
"He was California's best story teller and made it look so easy, even with a subject as complicated as water. With every story, he added to his tremendous following. People felt they had made a friend once they met him. His unique talents and commitment to public television were unparalleled. He will be greatly missed."
Howser produced and hosted ACWA's popular "California's Water" series, a first-of-its-kind public television series launched in 2006. A total of 26 segments of "California's Water" have aired on public television outlets throughout California, covering a variety of topics ranging from climate change to water recycling to the value of tap water.
The most recent segment in the series, "Water: The Best Deal Around," made its debut in March 2012 and continues to air on various PBS affiliates.
ACWA is a statewide association of public agencies whose 440 members are responsible for about 90% of the water delivered in California. For more information, visit www.acwa.com.
Director of Communications
916/441-4545 or 530/902-3815 (cell)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks