|By Business Wire||
|January 7, 2013 05:49 PM EST||
FINCA International announced its Americas’ Data Center (ADC) is fully operational, providing data processing for its Washington, DC-based Headquarters and subsidiaries in the Latin America region. With its existing data center in Frankfurt, Germany, and its Africa data center, the ADC will enable FINCA to fulfill its vision of increased outreach to the world’s lowest-income entrepreneurs while improving sustainability for its programs worldwide.
President and CEO Rupert Scofield said, "With more of our business dependent on information technology, we’re taking steps today to deliver the productivity gains available through technology innovations. The ADC enables system-wide growth to create more effective and efficient systems, which helps lower our costs and pass the savings on to clients.”
Braulio Oliveira, Chief Information Officer, said the new data center sets the standard for the implementation and expansion of all of FINCA's regional data centers. “Emplacing FINCA’s information technology systems in commercial data centers allows FINCA’s 10,000 colleagues worldwide access to the most current data and information to better serve our clients.”
According to Mr. Oliveira, the ADC will initially house FLEXCUBE for FINCA’s Mexico Subsidiary, with Human Resources Information System, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Financial Management System and Email infrastructures coming online in the future.
FINCA Board Member and Technology Committee Chair Paul LeFort noted, “Investments such as this enable FINCA to fulfill its vision of increased outreach, while improving performance and sustainability in our 21 subsidiaries. This is a smart and strategic move for FINCA.”
FINCA, a leading international microfinance organization, provides financial services to the world's lowest-income entrepreneurs so they can create jobs, build assets and improve their standard of living. For more than 25 years, FINCA has been committed to breaking the cycle of poverty by providing community-based credit and savings opportunities. Based in Washington DC, FINCA currently reaches more than 980,000 clients through its network of subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, the Greater Middle East, and Latin America. FINCA International is the parent of 21 microfinance subsidiaries, managing their global activities through FINCA Microfinance Holdings, LLC, which allows FINCA to leverage funding from socially-responsible investment partners to support the mission.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks