|By Business Wire||
|January 7, 2013 05:45 PM EST||
From the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the United States and the No. 1 smartphone provider worldwide1, today announced the Samsung ATIV Odyssey™ will be available in the coming weeks at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online.
The ATIV Odyssey runs on the sleek and intuitive Windows Phone 8 operating system, the only one with Live Tiles, designed to keep you closer to the people and things that matter most. (Photo: Business Wire)
The ATIV Odyssey boasts a brilliant 4-inch Super AMOLED™ touchscreen display (800x480) that allows users to watch movies, view pictures and play games in high resolution. This compact, versatile smartphone is Global Ready™, giving users the ability to call and email from more than 220 countries in the world. The ATIV Odyssey is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor to quickly access the Internet, stream music and download content at blazing speeds using the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
The ATIV Odyssey runs on the sleek and intuitive Windows Phone 8 operating system, the only one with Live Tiles, designed to keep you closer to the people and things that matter most. The ATIV Odyssey also features unique Samsung sharing applications such as Photo Editor, Mini Diary and Now, an application that provides weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly.
The ATIV Odyssey is enterprise ready with enhanced security features to offer customers an extremely powerful business tool that keeps sensitive company data secure. Security solutions include advanced Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® features and policy control and on-device AES 256-bit encryption.
Key Product Features:
- Super AMOLED Display (WVGA 800x480)
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and full 1080p recording and 1080p playback
- Front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera for video chat
- Global Ready calling and email capabilities in more than 220 countries in the world
- Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- 8 GB on board storage (actual formatted capacity is less) / 1 GB RAM
- Support for up to 64 GB microSD™ card
- 2100 mAh battery
- Photo Editor – Edit photos (crop, rotate, resize, etc.) and adjust colors (contrast, RGB and hue) instantly; users can also add effects such as Pop Art, gray-scale, red eye correction and add decorations that include frames, stickers, etc. and share on Facebook, Picasa and Photobucket.
- Mini Diary – Contains daily activities, photos and drawings; users can share their diary via social channels including Facebook, email, Picasa and Photobucket; users can back up and store information in the free cloud service SkyDrive.
- Now – Provides weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly
Windows Phone 8 Features:
Live Tiles are the heart and soul of Windows Phone, and no other phone has them. People can arrange the iconic Start screen however they want by pinning their favorite people, apps, music, games, photos and more. In addition to Live Tiles, Windows Phone 8 offers a range of new features to make your smartphone experience even more personal, including:
- The only phone with Live Apps. Live Apps bring information right to the Start screen, such as the Groupon deal of the day, flight information and news headlines. With Windows Phone 8, Live Apps such as Facebook can even deliver real-time information right to your lock screen with updated wallpaper.
- Top apps. The Windows Phone Store has more than 120,000 quality apps and games, including hits such as “Angry Birds Star Wars,” “Cut the Rope,” Disney’s “Where’s My Water,” LivingSocial, Urbanspoon and many more. Pandora, the leading Internet radio service, is also coming to Windows Phone in early 2013.
- Kid’s Corner. Exclusive to Windows Phone 8, Kid’s Corner is a way to share your phone with your kids, so they can play “Angry Birds” without texting your angry boss. Parents can now hand over their phones to the kids without worrying about deleted photos, misdirected emails, unapproved purchases or accidental phone calls. After a simple setup, parents can activate a specialized place on the phone for kids to play — complete with their own customizable Start screens — where they can access only the apps, games, music and videos picked by parents.
Editor’s Note: The ATIV Odyssey will be on display at CES 2013 in the Samsung booth (Las Vegas Convention Center, Central Hall, Booth #12004).
1 Samsung Mobile is the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the United States according to Strategy Analytics, North America Handset Vendor Marketshare, Q2 2012. Samsung Electronics Company is the No. 1 smartphone provider worldwide according to Strategy Analytics Global Smartphone Vendor Market Share by Region: Q2 2012.
Samsung, ATIV, and Super AMOLED are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, (Samsung Mobile) a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets, wireless infrastructure and other telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in consumer electronics and the core components that go into them. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 227,000 people across 75 countries with annual sales exceeding US$143 billion. Our goal is opening new possibilities for people everywhere. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher