|By Business Wire||
|January 7, 2013 02:15 PM EST||
Vuzix TDG (Tactical Display Group) will operate under a new trade name, Six15 Technologies, company officials announced today. The change includes a new logo and redesigned website, www.six-15.com.
Six15 Technologies is a world leader in rugged, high-resolution head mounted display (HMD) and OEM optoelectronic module manufacturing. Ownership and staff have remained the same since TDG Acquisition Company; LLC acquired the Vuzix TDG group from Vuzix Corporation (TSX-V: VZX, OTC BB: VUZI) on June 15, 2012.
“We are excited to launch our new brand as we expand our technology and the markets in which we operate. With continued emphasis on the defense industry, we are rapidly expanding our offerings through broader integration of solutions to the needs of our defense customers. At the same time, we are leveraging our proven technology into the commercial, industrial and medical communities,” said Rich Ryan, President.
The quality and integrity of the Vuzix TDG brand are not affected by the name change.
“All of our Six15 products and proven technology, including the new augmented reality and High Definition see-through HMD offerings, are backed by the same experienced team and bring the same approach to manufacturing, quality, and development that our customers rely on,” said Vinny Ferrer, Vice President of Operations.
Jim Donnelly, Vice President of Business Development, noted the name change is one of the last steps in Vuzix TDG’s brand transition, confirming its commitment to expand product sales and provide engineering services in new markets.
“While we take great pride in our Military and Defense operation, our offerings are growing and have applications in the industrial, medical, and many other markets. Our legacy name did not fully describe our company; we want to ensure that our image and name represent what we do,” Donnelly said.
For more information about Six15 Technologies, please visit http://www.six-15.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher