|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 12:53 PM EST|
WALDORF, Md., Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Community Bank of Tri-County is excited to announce that the 2nd Annual Holiday Food and Toy Drive brought in 749 pounds of food and 559 toys, which have been donated to local organizations to benefit the community.
"We are proud to support our communities, and equally proud of those whose participation in our Food and Toy Drive helped us lift the spirits of so many during this holiday season," said Diane Hicks, Marketing Manager of Community Bank of Tri-County. "Not only did we receive non-perishable food items and toys, we also received monetary donations which bought additional toys and an additional 1,000 pounds of food for those in our community who need it most."
All food and toys were kept local to the area where they were collected. Food collections in Southern Maryland were donated to the Southern Maryland Food Bank and collections in King George County were donated to the Department of Social Services for the King George Food Pantry. Toys collected in Calvert, King George and St. Mary's counties were given to the Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program and toys collected in Charles County benefited the Children's Aid Society, Inc. To view photos of the food and toy donations, please visit the Community Bank of Tri-County Facebook page, www.facebook.com/cbtcconnects or the blog at http://blog.cbtc.com.
"The Southern Maryland Food Bank is dependent on donations from drives, like the one hosted by Community Bank of Tri-County, to meet the growing need to fight hunger in our region," said Brenda DiCarlo, Director of the Southern Maryland Food Bank. "The food collected by this drive alone will feed 37 families in our community two to three meals per day, for two to three days. We cannot thank the community enough for their generosity."
Community Bank of Tri-County is the oldest independent financial institution headquartered in Southern Maryland with eleven branches and over $975 million in assets. Community Bank of Tri-County branches are conveniently located throughout Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's counties, in Maryland and in King George, Virginia.
SOURCE Community Bank of Tri-County
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks